Saturday, February 21, 2015

After School Fishing

I am taking a class right now - meets four Saturdays, two Tuesdays and two Thursdays (once a week). Today was the first Saturday meeting - it was also the first day of class, but it was a hard pill to swallow going to class on a Saturday... After class, I went fishing down at Hickam. I broke out the 13' Nitro light whipping rod. On the second cast I caught this little guy. The rod is certainly softer than the St Croix Triumphs I have back in WA, but not so soft it can't set a hook. Really balanced action. But the length puts some leverage demands on the wrists - the length helps launch the terminal tackle a really long way out. Nice way to "decompress" from class (the class is actually really fun so not much decompression needed)!

No comments: