Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spinning Tally

I got up on Sunday morning and prepared to get some errands done (laundry, haircut, groceries, gas for the truck and dropping off some recycling) before going fishing. The tide was still draining out by the time I got to the flats. I rigged up both the spinning rod and an 8wt fly rod. I figured this being my only real day off, I might as well bring everything. I ended up catching four bluefin trevallys - it's hard to see them on the flats, I think even more so than the bonefish - so all of these were caught on the spinning rod (with cut squid for bait). I also caught one of these moana (red goatfish). And the surprise of the day was this fish. I think it is a species of wrasse, but I'm going to have to look it up. I lost a couple of rigs to the reef and then made a deliberate switch to the flyrod. Next post -

No comments: