Monday, August 17, 2015

Saturday's Catching

I hit the flats a little later on Saturday. The low tide was supposed to be at 10 am so I took my time getting out of bed. The wind was up so I opted to go fishing with shrimp. What I was really working on was keeping the shrimp legs and using them to try catching o'ama (young of the year Yellow Stripe Goatfish). I started off with this bluefin trevally. Then I saw a bunch of guys show up to fish for the o'ama, so I put the spin gear away and set out to try my hand at catching these small fish. Small hook, shrimp legs as bait and BAM! These sergeant majors wouldn't leave me alone!!! I did finally catch a few oama, but they are even more thrashy than their older counterparts. I wasn't able to get a picture - once I had the camera ready the fish had found their way back to the water.

No comments: