Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Third Time Out

I brought the new board out for the third time on Saturday morning. I like it more each time! It is definitely a board for making turns and not a noserider (but I knew that making the purchase). With some good waves, I can see carving bottom and top turns. With care on the takeoffs, my back isn't screaming bloody murder right now. Hopefully as I get my paddling muscles back into shape, my lower back gets stronger and the pain goes away completely. I've been stretching the heck out of my back - enhanced flexibility is another goal I have. Small bumps make the best traction surface. Put the time in to get a good wax job on your board and your surfing won't suffer for it. It's been a while since I've prone surfed, but it is good to mix things up to keep everything fresh! Now I just have to figure out how to use the gopro on this (I am not sticking on a mount to the tail or the nose).

No comments: