Monday, March 28, 2016

Fishing Friday!!!

Yup - these next several posts are going to be catch ups from the weekend. First in the que - fishing on Friday morning. I took the kids to the eastern flank of the flats and we waded for almost two hours before a weather front chased us back to shore. I caught a lizardfish early on and Noe ended up with a really young moray eel. She declared that "it is the grossest thing I've ever seen" yet she was mesmerized by the tiny wriggling fish chomping away at her bait. Marlon and Noe brought their tenkara rods, but I wanted them to get more experience with the spinning gear first. Unfortunately the strong winds from the passing front stopped us from using the tenkara rods. They wanted to catch small sergeant majors (and moray eels)... next time I'll rig the tenkara rods first.

No comments: