Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Monday's Progress on the Foil

I was able to sand down the base plate and the mast.  I did it around 5:30 in the afternoon... should have waited as it was freak'n HOT.

Afterwards I took a close look at the d-cell glue-ups.  Everything looked good.  Eat dinner, clean up and then around 9 pm I had the urge to epoxy the two planks together so I could get to cutting and sanding these blocks down.  Marlon helped and we did the calculations to determine how much epoxy to mix (6.7 mixed, with 18 spoons of milled fibers).



I'll break out the sliding chop saw and the bench sander this afternoon to get these boxes all faired in and ready for inserting the mast track boxes.  This project is turning into a lot of work... I just realized I'm going to have to make a couple of shaping racks - yeah, a LOT more work (but Marlon is learning so technically this is a course, and it is fun work - it's all good!)

No comments: