Sunday, September 2, 2018

Foils in Ewa Beach

I see more guys picking up the foil out here in Ewa Beach. 



I still want to wait out the development rush for a bit - let all the designs mature before shelling out some cash.  In the meantime, on the DIY surf foil front (just because I want to save up for the foil doesn't mean I don't want to foil), Marlon and I were able to get the mast and mounting plate joined up yesterday.



This is a major step - we are now over the hump on getting this foil finished.



The carbide cutting tools for the Dremel are totally worth the investment if you are going to be working with fiberglass - cuts like a hot knife through butter!!!

It's raining today, but if it dries out (humidity and epoxy are not good friends), I'll try to get the mast and fuselage joined.

No comments: