Sunday, October 21, 2018

And Fine Sanding Done

I got back from towing the boats back to Rainbow Bay Marina and I figured I'd get the fine sanding done.  I hit both boards with 80, 120 and 180 screens.  Stacked up you can see the 5'2" has more nose rocker than the 5'6".  This was more from the blank (recall the original was an 11'2" that I split)


I do not anticipate this will be an issue - with the shorter overall length (smaller sweet spot for balancing), the nose rocker can only help.  The rails are really sharp up to the last third of the board towards the nose, and from there up they transition quickly to 50/50.


Next step is mixing up some diluted spackle and filling in the remaining voids (EPS cells that came loose) - top and bottom.  A light sanding after that and these boards will be ready for glassing - yes I decided to glass first, then install the track boxes.  I have to install the leash plug anyways so the post glassing should be fine (and it's the only way I've actually done this before).  I'll throw a carbon cap sheet on top of the boxes so the small increase in thickness there will be imperceptible.

No comments: