Sunday, November 11, 2018

Fifth Time Out on the Foil

Dawn patrol this morning - the waves were on the small side, but at least there were waves (it's mid November and the North swells are definitely in play now).  I took the foil out again.  I am getting up easier now and riding straight for a little longer - but I still usually get bucked off the board if my weight shifts.  Knowing the foil lifts is reassuring, but I'm still planning on building another with a wider front wing (which is removable to facilitate experimentation).  This first one can support Marlon surf foiling and my future windsurf wave foiling ambitions. 



I ended up riding about five waves on the foil - but the longest ride was only a couple of seconds (longest one to date).  Marlon brought the longboard and he caught his fill.   Fun morning!

No comments: