Sunday, November 11, 2018

Getting a Slow Start

My predictions of having the foil boards glassed by this weekend were flat out wrong.  I didn't even touch this project over the past week.  Instead I did carve out two wider front wings and three masts for a foil kit I'm mailing out (this one is yours Charlie), and a second surfing foil that will have bolt on wings.
I finished sanding these parts this afternoon.


In my defense, I did switch jobs recently and have been moving offices and getting acclimated to my new work environment.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  I did manage to switch out the router bit on the big router - so tomorrow morning I can route out the reinforcement block voids.  I also cut out some carbon fiber to drop in the voids of one of the boards (need to dig out the other carbon sheets I have), and added the glassing rack uprights to my shaping racks - I'll post pictures of these tomorrow as I'm glassing (YES I AM GOING TO FINALLY START GLASSING THESE BOARDS).  Should be a full day tomorrow...



No comments: