Friday, December 14, 2018

Fourth Time Out on the Hypernut

I brought the windsurf foiling setup to work today - I was hoping the wind would hold up and that I would get to sail/foil after work.  I was not disappointed!  It was blowing steady when I pulled up to the parking lot.  The anemometer was showing 15 to 17 mph average.  I rigged up the 5.0 and set the M200 forward in the box (as to only change one variable from the previous session).

I lifted a lot this session - and for longer durations.  I was trying to learn how to control the lift and not get thrown - it all started feeling more comfortable by the end of the session.  In total I was probably up and flying at least 12 runs.

The wind seemed to be more easterly today - the runs lined up better with the launch.  Honestly, with the foil in the board and with me getting more comfortable uphauling the 7'4" Hypernut, I'm not even worried about making it back to the launch point.  By the end of the session the wind had dropped into the single digits and I didn't have a problem sailing back in.

It was dusk by the time I got back in - I was having so much fun I didn't want to stop!  I'm totally stoked that I get to do this!!!


No comments: