Thursday, April 18, 2019

Hump Day Foiling! April 17

Yesterday evening I hit the surf, with a foil.  Brought the 5'6" foilboard and used the Slingshot Infinity 76.


I got some decent rides, and the waves were miniscule - which made the rides even better.  The tide was full (moon is almost full), but I still touched bottom with the rear wing.  I found a 'high' spot on the reef apparently.  I had placed the foil just back of center (I put tape on the centerpoint of the foil mount and at a reference point on the foil) and I knew I was not optimizing for lift.  After the session I went ahead and adjusted the foil position (so I wouldn't forget on the next trip out).

I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to go to the beach with anything except the foil.  I'd say I batted just better than 50% this trip.

No comments: