Friday, May 24, 2019

Catch Up Post - Lots of Foiling

I've been ignoring this blog for a couple of weeks now - and not being able to take pictures while foiling (there is enough going on - like trying not to skewer myself, or doing everything to not breech the wing) has also made blogging different.


Anyways...

I think I went foiling on these days - 5/13, 5/15, 5/16, 5/18, 5/20, 5/21 and 5/23 (I'll post on this last day next).  I've been using the 5'6" and the Slingshot Infinity 76 on the 24" mast and I have been better than 50% up and riding.  I'm not getting bucked off at all - the ones I miss are all up front due to misplacing my front foot.  I'm used to moving around a lot on surfboards and being able to correct - not so on the foil, and I turn in hard to the wave.

I did crunch down on the front wing while waiting for a set to come through - there are definitely some high points on the reef that you wouldn't otherwise know were there.  A little sand paper, some primer and some orange spray paint should do the trick.


Next post I'll describe how I'm mixing it up.

No comments: