Thursday, July 4, 2019

4th of July Surf

Another reinforcing swell hit today (close period on the sets).  Chest to head high on the outside and still a king tide in the late afternoon when Marlon and I went out.

Marlon got a bunch of rides, and two Cheater 5s.

I got several rides and all but one were really long (for me).  With the King tide I don't have to worry about grounding and I can pump the foil through the flat section and into the inside reform.  I even attempted to pump back out (didn't get far).  I did breech once, but it was during a steep take off. I really should bolt up the Gamma and try to make these steep, green wave takeoffs.



I really need to figure out a way to take pictures while on the foil board.  These "boards in the vehicle" pictures are getting old.

No comments: