Thursday, September 19, 2019

Thursday Evening Foiling - 19 September

Late evening session - Marlon on his longboard and me on the 5'2" prone foil board and the Slingshot Infinity 76.


The waves were waist to chest high, the wind was on the low side (still a little texture on the surface), and the tide was a small high tide at 1.0' - the primary reason I had the Slingshot out - 24" mast.

It took a while for me to get my bearings on this foil again - I caught several, but it wasn't until the end of the session where I was able to ride a wave all the way from the main break in the middle all the way back to the beach.  This is definitely a fun foil once you get it dialed in.

Switching from the Gamma to the Iwa to the Infinity 76, makes riding challenging as all of these ride differently.  That said, what I give up on instantaneous gratification, I gain in a deeper understanding of flying the different foils (so if I get a chance to try out other foils, I can do it faster than if all I surfed was a single foil).

Marlon did a cannonball launch dismount and loved it.  4' above the back of the wave as it passed.

No comments: