Sunday, September 15, 2019

Tide Driven - 14 September

Since I moved back to Oahu, I have avoided surfing in and around the midday sun.  I'm not a spring chicken anymore and I'd prefer not to have to deal with any health issues - so out of the sun it is for me.  Well - foiling has its requirements, particularly making sure the water is deep enough - which in turn has made me pay way more attention to when the high tides are.  Well - the high tide was just before 3pm yesterday.  I foiled and wore a long sleeved sun shirt and a hat.  I caught some long ones, but with the swell coming in above waist high, I ate it bad on some takeoffs - too much speed, too much lift and in the white water - cavitation and down I go.  Probably should have used a smaller front wing...


High +1.7', light trades, mixed up swell from the SE and SW.  Go Foil Iwa, 5'6" prone foil board.

No comments: