Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thanksgiving Dawn Patrol - 28 November

Happy Thanksgiving to us all!  I am thankful for the life I live, my family, our health (Mom - let's get better now!) and the opportunities we make for ourselves.  I have been preparing this turkey for the past three days - started by deboning it, then brining it, then drying it, then stuffing it, smoking it and finally carving it.  Here it is this morning -







After the turkey went into the Big Green Egg, I went on a dawn patrol.  There was a mega high tide at 2.3', ZERO wind and a waist high swell pushing through.  I brought out the 4'10" and the Armstrong CF1600 - same setup as the past couple of sessions.


I stayed out from 6:30 to 8:45 - I had a bunch of long rides and banking turns from section to section.  I didn't want to leave, but the waves were backing down (counterintuitive to a dropping tide), the wind was starting to fill in and I had a turkey to check on.  It came out exquisite!!!




I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!



No comments: