Thursday, January 23, 2020

Repeat of Yesterday (But Better) - 1/23/2020

Marlon and I went back out today - the surf was a hair more consistent, just slightly smaller, but there was no wind so the waves were super glassy.  There were no clouds on the horizon - so I got the see the green flash for the third session in a row!


As far as the rides went, the Go Foil Iwa on the 5'2" was perfect for today.  I had several really long rides - one where I got a three part infinity turn.  I also had one where after a long ride, I was able to pump back out and just missed a 2 for 1 .  The trick is to come off the wave you are riding with as much speed as you can - then on the way out you need to get into a rhythm to sustain flight.  I'm going to score a 2 for 1 soon - I can feel it! 


On the last wave, I got greedy and was pumping in (so I wouldn't have to paddle), but I hit bottom hard (and went flying off the board).  I hit on the rear wing.  I already sanded it and got a coat of paint on - and since I was using sandpaper, I even put the 45 degree chamfer on the rear wing in order to get the foil to stop humming.



Trailing edge sanded



Another awesome session!

No comments: