Saturday, August 1, 2026

Parawing Session - 8/1/2026

I forgot my watch again - so no session data.

I brought Kalani and Stu on to Hickam.  Prayot met us (and was out with Zach at Seconds when we pulled up into the parking lot).

There was good texture on the water and the direction seemed decently stable (ENE)


Today was a setup/confirmation session for me.

I first went out on the AFS Enduro 900/Mako 130 to validate the marked position.  I also wanted to test out the new BRM S3 3.4 - but not trusting the wind, I also brought out the BRM S3 4.2

The Enduro 900 had plenty of lift and I got up pretty easily.  I did a few runs inside then bolted for Firsts.

The waves were small, but the wind was gusting outside.  I got to a point where I stopped and swapped out the 4.2 for the 3.4

As long as the wind was gusting, the 3.4 was easy to get up with.

I had to swap back to the 4.2 (and then back to the 3.4) with the wind gusting-lulling.

I did get a few retracted rides.

Then I went in to swap to the AFS Silk 850/USurf 135.  Since I haven't been winging, I don't use this foil as much as I used to.  I got up with the BRM S3 4.2, but I did move the mast forward (quite a bit) and I liked the foil response better.

Now I feel good about bringing the Silk 850, 1050 and Enduro 900 up to the Gorge.


Not sure yet what I'll do tomorrow... parawing Hickam or WPB.

PF:10/W:3/PW:89/FD:57/S:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.