Thursday, September 17, 2026

Parawing Session - 9/17/2026

Gusty conditions today - I opted to rig for the lulls and took the BRM S3 5.3m with the modified D handle.

Surf would get good on the sets.


In order to isolate the difference the modified D handle would make, I took the same gear as yesterday.


And it was a really good session - until the wind just dropped off (rain clouds shut it off)


I had a few phenomenal retract and surf rides.

Prayot and Kalani were out ripping also.  Duke was learning to handle the parawing, Roland was out on wing and Norm came later with his Foil Drive.

I had to paddle in after the rain clouds settled in.  I tried catching a wave and riding prone - but something about longer boards and riding prone don't mix in my head.  Or it may be the water entrained parawing on my back throwing my balance off.

Kalani managed to catch one and ride it in.


This was Hickam's wind chart - WP had it more from the north and higher differences between the gusts and the lulls.


Flying the modified BRM is different - with the front lines back it feels more like the modified BRM Maliko V1.  It also felt more like a straight bar and less like the D handle.

Not better - not worse, but different.

The good thing about this setup is you can actually move it back to the forward position.  I'll do that after several more runs with the fronts pulled back so I can get a better feel for this.


Fun session!  The wind should get stronger and more steady over the next several days.

PF:11/W:3/PW:110/FD:65/S:25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.