Thursday, September 24, 2026

Parawing Session - 9/24/2026

Mega high tide - chest high surf on the inside - and a strong wind line outside.

This feels like the start of the Hurricane Nolo effects.


No.44 with the AFS Enduro 900/HA38 (for better glide).

I packed the BRM S3 5.3 in a plastic bag and had the S3 4.2 at the ready.


There was a lot of water moving around - producing chop on the surface and pull below.

Stu and Norm were headed to PV on a downwinder.  I opted to stay up at WP and ride the bigger waves.

Prayot came out later - and Derek came out even later.


I nabbed some really good retracted parawing rides.

And I was less meticulous about the pack down - and redeployment seemed to be easier and more successful.


Some solid wind on the outside - but if you rode too far in, chances were you had to schlogg back out to the wind line.

There were definitely times I could have used the 5.3, but conversely there were also times I could have used the 3.4 - so the 4.2 was a good split.

The 5.3 stayed almost perfectly dry in the plastic bag inside the stash bag.  Nice insurance policy to have that available.


That 21.2 mph run was on a giant (for today) wave.  Well overhead drop - phenomenal experience!!!!


Awesome session today!

PF:11/W:3/PW:117/FD:65/S:25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.