Friday, September 11, 2026

Parawing Session - 9/11/2026

We are in between storms and the wind and surf are also somewhere in-between...

On the drive home the wind looked like it would be good for a parawinging session.

At the beach, it did look like the wind line was a bit further out, but it was there.

Nice higher tide and mellow waves -


Made for a good day to try out the new BRM L1 6.5m!

Paired it with the AFS Enduro 1300/HA43 on No.44


I probably should have taken out No.42 instead of No.44 - not really the board's issue, just shitty wind.

In fact, this inaugural run of the L1 6.5m was originally headed for stinky skunk.

But, the wind did gust up a few times and I salvaged the run


But despite getting up, it kinda felt like I was really just bobbing around.

When the wind did pick up, pumping the L1 felt more like using a paddle to power up.  There was a rhythmic pumping which was pretty different than how the S3 powers up (more the wing developing pressure and pulling you up onto foil).


Obviously being the first time out, there is a lot to learn - and this is going to be fun!

I'm going to be paying a lot of attention to the wind range of this particular parawing.


And all through the session, I never felt overpowered.  I'd say this was a great start!


Waves and wind are going to be small and light for the next several days...

PF:11/W:3/PW:107/FD:63/S:25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.