Sunday, July 26, 2026

Parawing Session - 7/26/2026

Hit Kailua again this morning - the south shore is still pumping and without stable, non-swirly wind, it is worth the drive over.

Wind was lighter than yesterday - for a bit, until a squall blew through (and dumped a lot of rain).

I headed out as the squall was settling -


BRM S3 4.2 - nicely powered!  Cabrinha Prestige 905/Union 160 rear stabilizer on the Apex mast all bolted on to No.34


I actually did two sessions -

First was riding the squall's tail end


Short but really nice session -

You can see the wind coming in from the NE


The 4.2 turns so nicely - and I rode it out until the end of the squall -


I drifted in and was going to pack up and head out - but I ended up talking to a bunch of people and the wind built back up.


I took the 5.3 out and was again nicely powered.


I have been trying to develop a more standardized method of retracting and packing the big parawing.  I did get better redeployments.

The waves weren't so energetic that I was able to ride long distances without the parawing.  Was good practice for drifting the S3.


Did botch a redeploy and had to wait a bit to takeoff again.


It has been nice riding more stable (magnitude and direction) wind for a change.

We will see what Fausto brings over the next few days -

PF:9/W:3/PW:86/FD:55/S:20

No comments: