Saturday, October 10, 2026

Foil Drive Dawn Patrol - 10/10/2026

Dawn patrol at PVs

Slightly overhead on the sets.

Norm and Stu were also on Foil Drive.


Same setup as yesterday - but I made three changes:

1. High Output battery
2. Streamlined bolts
3. Blue shim on the rear stabilizer


Definitely better performance today - the whole setup felt like surfing a shortboard on a perfect wave!

I'm just not sure which change made the most difference...


The HO battery certainly made an endurance difference.

The curvy tracks show how well the Whippit turns.  I really don't know why I didn't gel more with the foil when I first got it???

But from today's performance, I'd say this turns nicer than even the AFS Silk 850.....


The sets had some time between them, but when they came and you picked the right wave - the rides were phenomenal!!!

20 rides - and they weren't all overhead runners either.  I had several chest and belly sized waves where I could carve equally as well as on the bigger waves.

In regards to getting rid of the looser back end feeling I used to have when riding this foil (and the reason I stopped using it) - I'm thinking the Tweaker rear set is helping.

And check out that top speed!!!


Super fun session!!!

PF:11/W:3/PW:125/FD:70/S:25

No comments: