Sunday, August 2, 2026

Parawing Session - 8/2/2026

Did the WPB to PVs mini downwind run today.

The tide was on the low side.  There were waves, but they were small - maybe waist to chest high on the sets.

WP was a zoo - like it always is on the weekends.


This is Norm making his final approach at PVs

The wind was still up and down, but mostly in the nicely powered range for me.  There were some big gusts that came through - and after I had beached (thinking it was going to drop off) there were whitecaps everywhere for a bit.


No.34 with the AFS Enduro 1100/HA40/80cm UHM mast - powered by the BRM S3 5.3


I got there and launched maybe 30 minutes ahead of Norm and Stu.  Norm was using his new Flysurfer POW V2 5.5.  Stu was on his North Nova 4.0

I spent the time ahead of their launch riding upwind and trying to pick up some waves to ride with the parawing retracted.

I got a handful of fun ones - and I believe I was able to redeploy the parawing on all of them.  I made sure to release the parawing downwind of me and coaxed it open.


Lots of north in the wind.

When I could see Norm and Stu in the water, I started heading downwind.

I didn't trust the wind so I booked it across Campgrounds.


I'm glad I took out the 5.3 today - good size for the wind today.


When I went down - it was due to lack of wind.  Most of the session was up on foil - and super fun.

Norm was having a hard time getting up onto foil.  He was using the AFS Fire board (proper wing board).  And he was saying the POW had too much power.  I suggested using the Naish and a harness, and practice flying the POW on land because it flies way different than the PT Skin.


The wind is supposed to drop to Foil Drive levels for the next five days.  But the waves are also supposed to stay small.  I think I am going to push getting No.44 completed and get some recovery time in.

PF:10/W:3/PW:90/FD:57/S:20

No comments: