Sunday, September 13, 2026

Foil Drive Dawn Patrol - 9/13/2026

Conditions were cleaner this morning - but the waves were smaller and less frequent.


Same equipment


Much better results compared to yesterday - I decided to stay closer in and pick waves on whether they were already standing up or not.  This definitely yielded more rides with better quality.  I probably pissed off a lot of the surfers just sitting around - but we all make our choices on how we ride waves...


Similar picture to yesterday - lots of circular tracks from all the hard carving going on.

I am totally convinced that I am a rear footed surfer-foiler.  Maintaining balance going through all these turns and carves has been falling on my back foot.  I know because I have been paying attention diring these past two sessions, and I can also feel the build up in my right knee.

Next time I take this setup out, I will try moving the mast forward a notch to see if I can get more pressure over to my front foot. 


22 rides - with a couple of double dips in there somewhere



Looks like the wind will start to come back on Tuesday (so time to parawing again).  I'll likely take a rest day tomorrow (or maybe try surfing the Gherkin???)

PF:11/W:3/PW:107/FD:65/S:25

No comments: