Saturday, September 26, 2026

Parawing Session - 9/26/2026

Dawn patrol at Kailua to get into some Hurricane Nolo driven winds

It was nuking!!!!


I watched the conditions for a while before deciding on using the AFS Ultra HA 750/UGlide 141 Rear Stabilizer mounted onto No.44 via the UHM 80cm mast.

I put up the Flysurfer POW 2.5, the BRM Maliko 2.9 and the BRM S3 3.4m parawings

Even though the wind was super strong, I opted to go with the BRM S3 3.4 as it was the most stable when the gusts would come ripping through.  It also depowered enough that I could handle the gusts since I had the small foil bolted on.


There was a lot of chop on the surface - and that made it hard to get situated initially.  But I got through the acclimation quickly and into doing laps


At the top of the course, retracting the PW was pretty easy.  And the DW ride on the swell was phenomenal!!!

I was 50-50 on the redeploys.


The BRM S3 3.4 was the right call.


The wind started to swirl so I figured I should call it before I got hurt.


Super fun session!!!

PF:11/W:3/PW:120/FD:65/S:25

No comments: