Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday morning - What to do with no wind or surf




We are headed to the grand opening of the D'Iberville Target today.

BUT, I did manage to do some projects to tune up our stoke generating equipment.

I bought two RAM 1" Ball Mounts from BSP yesterday and epoxy puttied them on this morning to the hull access hatch on HOO-YAH. I'll mount the GPS and the GoPro on the hatch.

I also installed an apparent wind indicator vane on the top of the mast and cleaned up the bitter ends of the trampoline lines (the cores were hanging out of the sheaths).

I also modified a kite bar (improved leash) and tuned up the nose lines on my larger kites. Should be able to self-land the kites with this modification (in preparation for the winter months when La and the kids will look at me like I've got a carrot growing out of my head as I head off to the beach).

Not as fun as ripping through the water on an 15kt wind, but it feels good to get hands on the gear and improving the functionality of the gear.

No comments: