Friday, October 7, 2011

Not Skunked Saturday




I caught one of the Surgeonfish on a small hook (armed with "a small piece of squid"). It put up a good fight. I spoke to a few people about it and they said it is really good grilled.

I then moved on to fishing for bonefish - I got a smaller one, but shortly after I got hooked onto a really hard fighter. It was an exciting battle, but the bonefish (nothing fights quite like a bonefish so there was no question as to what was on the other end of the line) won with the snap of the line.

About that time, Mike walks up with a decent sized GT (Giant Trevally). "Where'd you get that?" "Over at the foot of the pier"

Of course the rest of us pack up and drive over.

Within 5 minutes of casting a rattling floating lure, I saw a splash and a long pull. FISH ON!!!!

After a long battle, I stand victorious over a magnificent piscine warrior.

For the record, this is currently the biggest fish I've caught from shore. I used lightweight tackle spooled with 12# test and the rush from catching this fish rivaled the focus and buzz after a really good 6' wave at Pupukea.

The lesson here - make the most of where you are at and don't dwell on what you don't have; in the right frame of mind it is all the same.

No comments: