Friday, October 21, 2011

Report Card


Okay - I haven't been posting lately.

I broke my camera the day I took the pictures from my last post - a little wave gentle lapped the camera and "poof".

But, I have been working, and I have been making time in the evenings to go fishing as well.

SO - here's the report card for the past week:

The day after the last set of pictures (on the last post), I caught several sergeant majors and a few flagtails all on the tenkara yamame rod (at rock pier). I also caught a triggerfish earlier in the day (at Cables) - there is an interesting story behind that - something about being happy to not be skunked, kissing the fish and getting bit on the lower lip... good thing I have a high pain tolerance.

This picture is actually from Tuesday. I caught two trigger fish and a decent sized bonefish at Short Pier. Sonny caught six more larger sized fish (do I hear lumpia being made???) after wards (beginner's luck).

Thursday evening, I fish out behind the barracks and caught a tiny sized dart with the tenkara ito. I had a bonefish on the line, but it broke off the tippet. While I was there, one of the contractor personnel caught a massive Black Trevally - most likely a 50 pounder! What makes it even more incredible was he caught it on a hand line. There is certainly something to be said for simplicity. Moved to a different location later in the evening - caught a bunch of big eyed scads (about 6) and a couple of glassy sweepers (a type of cardinal fish) on a sabiki rig - the hooks weren't much smaller than the fish...

And now we get to today.

One big eyed scad (on a tiny spoon) and two soldierfish (or a type of snapper) taken on the fly (a gotcha). I was trying my hardest to get a scad on the fly, but no takers.

Tomorrow I am going to buy a replacement camera so I can start taking pictures again.

Work hard - Play harder!!!

No comments: