Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Fishing - Lost Lure, Tenkara and Trolling



It was raining today but I still went out (nothing else to do).

I pitched a topwater bomber out at the first spot. On the second cast, I got a big hit. I tightened down on the drag and rode it out. After a few minutes of fighting, the fish had undone the swivel and took the lure.

I lost another lure on some rocks and decided to cut my losses right there. I went to fish the flats with the tenkara rod - except that I wasn't using flies. Instead I tied on a tiny hook and put on some wahoo belly.

I hooked into two Sergeant Majors and a small snapper - nice fights even from these tiny guys.

For lunch I ate the pompano I caught yesterday - masarap!!!

After a while - the fishing addicts I hang out with asked if I wanted to go back on the boat - how can I say "no". We only caught one fish (another strawberry grouper) and it rained on us the whole time - that's fishing...

No comments: