Saturday, December 10, 2011

Update and Better Paper Gyotaku




Ok - a lot of things on this post.

First, I think I'm going to have to re-tie the uni-uni knots I last posted about. I think it will be too thick for the rod guides. I am going to use an Albright (now I just have to unwind 185 yards of 80 pound monofilament).

Next - my office threw it's Christmas Party yesterday. After the fun, games and food, there was fishing to be done. I caught a papio (caught and released) and lost a damn good lure. You win some, you lose some.

Today - no hits on the lures (even at the sure fire spots). I used the flyrod too and had slightly better luck - one of those tiny grouper (caught and released of course), and pretty much at the end of the outting, a nice sized bonefish. I cast the fly from the beach, saw the fish turn and WHACK! I had a slight backlash episode, but straightened all that out. This fish did some great running - and actually took me down to the backing (and ran with half of it)! It is lumpia sized so I kept it.

Not only did I keep it, but here it is being gyotaku'ed. I have shoji paper so now the images are coming out much better. The paper is pretty absorbent.

I also carved out a new honko stamp, but that for the next post.

No comments: