Saturday, May 4, 2013

Not Skunked -

Lake Newport loves me - I can never get skunked at Lake Newport. I started out fishing with Marlon, but the wind was making it hard for him to see into the water to target fish and cast flies (he left to hang out with Noe). I decided to try out the side with the dam - the wind was not affecting the water there (glassy smooth). I used the long Seiryu rod (with rod and line length, I can get just under 30' of reach) and sight casted to LMBs, BGs and a few Crappie. Long tailed orange scud fly was the winner! I did lose a couple of others to the larger fish (green spun deer winged bug and a copper legged black bugger), but with 7X tippet, you give the bruisers a chance at a fair fight. I stopped taking pictures and counting after 10 fish. I love Lake Newport and Lake Newport loves me!

No comments: