Monday, January 20, 2020

Go Foil Surgery Success

I was able to finish the sanding, filling and filing needed to get all the wings to fit on both of the masts.  What a pain in the butt, but now modifying wings will be easier.  Honestly, when I got these I thought the compatibility would have been automatic (had I known I would have to modify, I might have gone a different direction) - but working with your wings does enhance one's understanding of them.



In the end, I only had to epoxy the Iwa so it would fit the 24.5" mast collar.  I just filed the set screw hole a tiny bit to get it to fit otherwise.


For the Kai wing I also had to file the set screw hole, but the fit was closer so I only had to shim the collar with metal duct tape to get the fit tight.  I still need to fine tune the M280 and the Nalu - but should be relatively easy. 



Looking forward to playing with these again - especially the M200 and M280 on the 29.5" mast for windsurf wave foiling, and the Iwa on the 24.5" for surfing.  I'd say the surgery was a success!

No comments: