Saturday, February 8, 2020

Dawn Patrol - 2/8/2020

Marlon and I hit it this morning - it was cold - 61F air temp.



It was tiny - maybe knee-thigh high on the sets, and it was crowded.  When it gets like this, the takeoff points consolidate and everyone starts tripping all over each other.



I caught three (Marlon might have caught more) then we called it.  There were some "visitors" that were hogging the waves - I don't like surfing around people like that - BLAH.


I used the Maliko 200 on the 5'2".  I had the foil mounted back about 3/4" from where I had the Iwa.  It felt like it had a tad too much lift at takeoff and it didn't want to set a line.  I should have taken out the 5'6" for the paddling power, but I want to get the foil position dialed in with this combo.  If I go out tomorrow, it'll be even earlier to get a jump on the crowd.

No comments: