Saturday, October 19, 2013

New Fly Tying Nippers

Found these on sale at Jo Ann fabrics - new thread nippers!!! I've been trying to get comfortable keeping the scissors I have in my hand while I am tying flies (so I can be cool like all the guys on YouTube tying like gurus) - conventional scissors weren't going to work out for me. When I saw these on the rack, I could already feel the mana emanating from the silky stainless steel... I envisioned tying perfect flies that were so good that the fish lined up to be caught... To confirm my suspicions, the cashier made an unsolicited comment that "those scissors will last you a lifetime - they are the best out there". So what is the lesson learned here? Never underestimate your local craft and hardware stores - for in their cavernous depths, there exists hidden gems among the masses of consumer madness, you just have to follow your senses.

No comments: