Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Proud to be a Seabee
For those that do not know what a Seabee is, the textbook definition can be found here:
Outside of the "written" definition, I am proud to be a Seabee because of the following:
- they don't know how to quit
- they don't take "no" for an answer (their motto is "CAN DO" - how can you take "no" for an answer with a motto like that?)
- they always look for the fun in any situation
- they some how know when to be professional (and when they don't have to be)
- they get the job done so they can get on to the next one (it never ends)
I am proud to have had this opportunity to serve with the Gulfport Seabees and I will be forever humbled at what this relatively small group of people "Can Do" as they get their mind set to task. They have moved mountains time and again like it is NOTHING - and no matter what the odds they keep on smiling. You gotta like that! UCT Seabees have a few more qualities to them, but that's for a different post.
But most of all, I just love this Seabee - if you've never seen it in person, well - let's just say it is the most fitting Bee that Gulfport can have - with the space between the teeth, the lips flared (like it has a wad of dip in) and the affection with which it is holding the machine gun - this Bee is 150% Redneck - and PROUD OF IT!!!
Ooh-Rahh Seabees!!!! (And HOOYAH UCTs!!!)