Friday, May 13, 2011

My Brave Kids




Marlon and Noe are used to shallow beaches. Gulfport is shallow forever and the lost any fear of the unknown SUPing/sailing/riding along with me on the Windsurfing runs. Mayport is relatively shallow as well.

The beach here has a series of sandbars with relatively deep troughs in between. But it gets deep quick. And if there are waves, there will be a longshore current. But don't tell them that - they still charged it!!!

Except when the bigger set waves came up on shore - top to bottom barrels right up on the beach that grabbed the kids and flushed them. The cold water reflex didn't help much either (but it did make them put on that classic "I'm cold and I don't know what just happened to me" look).

So the list of where they've surfed is now growing! I'm stoked!!!

No comments: