Sunday, May 29, 2011

Triple Threat

No pictures today...

Put up the 11m^2 Crossbow and used the Stretch. Launched from a beach called Jake's Place (with the help of a sunbather). Nice and shallow on the inside - sand bottom and waist deep water. This area is sheltered a bit by a point, but as you leave the inside you get into cleaner, way stiffer air (gusts to 20+). I have to figure out where to self-land (spatially). Got some pretty good jumps and some really fast runs. I wish I had a camera with me to show this place off. It's kinda unbelievable that places like this still exist and that there are no crowds around. As long as the wind doesn't turn (after October I've been told) it'll be pretty fun.

After that, I signed up for a windsurfing race. I was in the intermediate class and came in second. I talked with the advanced racing windsurfers and turns out they are fledgling kiters. I'm going to teach them to kite better and I'm going to learn how to windsurf better from them (slalom and carving jibs).

And finally, I cast out a grub at the North tip again - didn't catch anything but did see some Manini (Convict Tangs) and Goatfish grazing in the shallows.

Pretty fun day (I am tired)! Not all fun and games though - had to go into work twice and will again tomorrow. I will try to go kiting again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lala said...

where's your GoPro camera? do I need to send you a new one? :)

was her name Jennifer? LMAO :)