Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New Engine, but "No Touchy"


After my many innuendos and hours on the internet, my A-W-E-S-O-M-E wife let me get a brand new kite (and board)!!!

No - not last year's model on sale....

No - not a second hand kite at a bargain price...

But an honest to goodness, current leading edge technology wing!!!

I was able to find a great deal on "this" (if you can't read the picture, the labels from top to bottom read:

2011 Cabrinha Crossbow, 16 m, Color 007 (Green, White, Orange)

2011 IDS with Recoil

Pump (and where I may be going next, I will need a spare pump - more on that in future posts as this develops - but for now, try an imagine the furthest place from Gulfport, MS and we see if you guessed right...).


The other purchase was a 2011 Crazyfly Raptor Pro - 137 cm of svelt carbon fiber sexiness that will "slash and burn" the poor water that gets in my way - that same poor water that will be hydrophilicly draw to it's oh so smooth layup... Oh the senseless destruction that will be occurring!!!! Is there no justice in this body of water???? Will no one help those poor, defenseless water molecules? No one?

I didn't think so...

You don't wanna mess with THIS!!!! I thought so...

(Right now you are probably thinking - "Has he lost his mind??? Is this a stream of consciousness that bleed out on the keyboard?" - well, read on and you'll quickly ascertain the reason for my "madness".....)

You may be wondering why there are no pictures of my new tools. That's easy. La got to the UPS man before I did. Actually, he avoided me even though I was engaging him in conversation.

La is a very pretty lady, so it's easy to understand why he'd want to talk to her instead of me (I am not a pretty woman) - but unfortunately, her charm got the kite and board into her hands first and quickly into Christmas wrapping paper.

Oh well - how can I complain??? This is a significant first (a current year kite and board) and I CAN WAIT for Christmas!!!

:)

No comments: