Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Kiting Session




The wind was pretty steady and stiff today.

CF137x41 and the Cabrinha 11m Xbow - equipment perfection!

I got some crazy jumps in, but I actually went way inside of where I normally track - the windsurfers went South today to do a long downwinder - I went where they normally go so I can ride the swell.

No peeling breakers, but I'll take what I can get - even discontiguous wind swell.

I think it is awesome crosstraining when you have to surf fakie (more like switch snowboarding) - my outbound tack did this today (right foot forward for me). I could feel muscles being used in ways they normally aren't.

Fun session!

Now if I can translate these 'S' turns and body positioning to my windsurfing...

2 comments:

Lala said...

Ummm....that's not an illusion I'm seeing there....LOL...
:)

Lala said...

Okay, so after looking at the original pic up close, it really is just the fold of your shorts, and not what I THINK it looks like....LMAO!