Sunday, December 21, 2014

Really Nice Kiteboards Built by an Old Friend

Nick Yamodis has been a featured guest on this blog in the past. He and I go back over 20 years now - we went through basic together for CEC officers. We've been surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, SUPing and boogieboarding on and off all this time as our paths crossed. We paid the Yamodis family a visit yesterday and I got the update on what boards he's built over the past couple of years. His last batch of kitesurf boards turned out awesome - nice tight rails and bamboo laminate in a clean, smooth epoxy package. These are better than almost any board I've seen for sale at any shop. Makes me want to break out the planer again (almost - but not quite because nothing makes me want to breakout the sander...). It was great seeing you guys - looking forward to the next get together!!!

No comments: