Saturday, March 21, 2015

Speaking of Finishing...

After class today (I'm taking an energy efficiency series of classes), I went to Charlie's house to... work on the paddle. I got the shaft sanded down into the oval shape I was looking for. I also got the shaft and blade glued up. Hopefully it is straight, or there's going to be a lot more sanding than I was anticipating. Next is fine tuning the blade rails (light sanding), fairing in the top of the blade with the bottom of the shaft, preparing the handle, laminating carbon/glass onto the backside of the blade, part of the front, parts of the lower shaft and wherever looks like it would benefit from the carbon fiber. Lastly would be a coat of polyurethane on the unepoxied sections of the paddle/handle and then let it all cure for a day or so (or until the weather gets a little less windy).

No comments: