Thursday, September 22, 2016

Foils

After the race, Marlon and I went to checkout the Hawaiian Watersports Shop in Kailua. They've moved into the old Outrigger Connection shop right next to the Kailua General Store. They always have nice boards in the shop, but add to that these Slingshot Foils. With all the buzz on the internet from Kai Lenny downwind SUPing and shortboarding on boards with foils, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested. But the cost is pretty steep - cue the light bulb going off on top of my head - balsa core, carbon wrapped made at home by hand foil!!! Now I'm looking at how I'd have to adjust a finbox or add a secondary box to a board in order to use the foil. I've got all the material in the garage - but none of the time just yet. May have to wait a bit...

No comments: