Sunday, April 16, 2017

Lots of Follows, But No Takers

Yes I got skunked again... Hickam Flats this past Friday. I saw a handful of oio, but no takers. I saw several rat sized paipo chasing a small silver kastmaster, but no takers. And I had a kaku interested in a crab fly in super shallow water - a blast to see it push wake chasing after my offering, but again - no taker. Oh well - it was still nice to get out on the water and cast a line. I was able to take some pictures of this guy.... You don't see rain on the Ewa Plain like this very often. Despite the lack of hook ups, it was still great fun. I brought out the Orvis Helios and a WF8F (overlined) - it has been a while since I've cast a carbon fly rod - definitely easier to get more line out in windy conditions. I'm going to have to catch an oio soon though, or my ego is going to say "eh brah - maybe it time you go kitesurfing now - da fish don't like you stink"

No comments: