Thursday, November 15, 2018

Routing the 5'6" and Repeating on the 5'2"

I got home and routed the mast track slots into the 5'6".  I had to make some adjustments to the router and I managed to muck up the starboard slot (AGAIN - did the same thing to the lightwind kite board - why can't I get this right???  Wait a minute - I'm covering the whole thing with carbon fiber so - IT DOESN'T MATTER).




I also noticed the manhandling of the board to get the reinforcement blocks in place kinda trashed the top deck (the pipe ends got smashed into the top deck).  I went ahead and added some spackle - which I'll sand tomorrow afternoon before I set the boxes in and finish glassing the bottom deck.

After that work, I felt compelled to get the 5'2" caught up (and apply lessons learned to make myself feel better).  This board went smoothly (since I knew what pitfalls to look out for).


The rollers I picked up from Fiberglass Hawaii are awesome!  There has been no drips, runs or other general application issues.  I am probably jinxing myself, but I see the remainder of this glassing going smoothly (I just need to pick up some more rollers so I don't run out).

No comments: