Friday, May 24, 2019

Thursday Foiling - May 23, 2019

Leftover medium sized swell coming up from the Southern Hemisphere.  I decided to bring the Go Foil Iwa out.  With the plate adaptor, this rig is over 33" tall!!!  I was better than 60% up and riding - and the longer runs were way up.  I did breech a couple of times, but I'm chalking that up to having the foil set too far forward in the track.  I'll pull the foil back next time and see if that makes a difference.


The Go Foil seems easier to get up and stay up on foil compared to the Slingshot.  Whenever the tide is super full (+1.5'), I'll bring this rig out - otherwise I think I'll hit bottom while waiting in between sets.

I also was using the 5'2".  I think it's time to go shorter permanently.  I can sense how shorter length is easier to pump the foil and easier for front foot placement.

No comments: