Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Storm Saturn Crab Fly

The big snow storm delivered in many ways - lots of wet, sticky, slushy snow (I think we got a foot of it), it closed down a lot of schools and businesses (free day off!!!) and it prevented us from wanting to go out and about. Besides doing things I never get to do anymore like sleeping in late, having a nice sit down breakfast and taking a nap, I took some time to venture into areas I haven't gone before - tying crab flies. Intimidating - yes. Impossible - no. Accomplished - mostly. This one came out decent, but the other supposedly simpler ones will be hard pressed to entice a redfish to eat. Isn't that what winter is for - to have the time to sit down and tie up a bunch of ammo to randomly shoot to fish??? Next time I'll post what all I've tied up so far in anticipation of our upcoming migration south to the OBX...

No comments: