Thursday, March 28, 2013

Catching - Not SUP Surfing

We can't go to a barrier island and not surf - unless you have a bum leg like I do (I have been fighting a weird hip pain). We brought the SUP boards over and I was fully prepared to change into my 4/3, but when we got the beach after our time at the village, the surf was mostly lack luster. That coupled with the winching pain I would have to endure while suiting up and carrying the board over the dune, I opted to break out the surf casting rod. On the first cast we brought in this stingray. I got it off the hook quickly and back into the water - although Marlon kept asking if we could eat it - he's been craving sushi again but I didn't think it was that bad.... We caught another stingray shortly after and decided to call it a day. We made it just in time to catch the next ferry without waiting and then caught the sunset at Hatteras Village. Awesome day!

No comments: