Saturday, June 11, 2011

Active Saturday




Out here there has been a lot of activity leading up to the 113th Philippines Independence Day Celebrations.

Last night I was guest speaker for the Cultural Celebration (me??? Can you believe that???)

This morning I ran in a sprint swim-run (and got first in my age division - and not out of 1 person, more like 5).

Then I put up the kite - 11m with winds ranging from 15-25 mph. As the pictures show, pretty awesome session. Was able to self launch using a carbiner and line (check you tube).

The bottom picture gives me the heebee-jeebees - kite eating trees....

I had to cut the session short because I was on line to judge the PIDC Parade Floats. There were people on the beach and I didn't have to self-land - always nicer that way. Biked back home (I look funny with a kite bag and board strapped to my back and a harness on my waist while riding), showered and got back out the door.

The parade was cool - lots of creativity - and it was followed by a huge picnic. Adobo, Chicken Curry (almost like Bicol Express minus the pork and chilis), Beef Calderetta and Fried Rice. I had two servings. And got really full. And sleepy.

So off to the room and off to sleep I went.

The wind forecast is good again tomorrow!!!

No comments: